Permanent Colour for Fabric
Suitable for Front & Top Loading Washing Machines
Create brilliant new looks or refresh the colour of much loved items in a few easy steps, giving permanent results you can be proud of. Dylon Machine Dyes won’t stain the washing machine and won’t run in the wash.
Suitable for dyeing 500grams of cotton, linen and viscose to full colour shade or 1kg to a lighter shade. Lighter shades also achieved on polyester mix e.g. cotton/polyester. Not suitable for pure synthetics, wool, silk, polyester or fabrics with special finishes (e.g. dry clean only). Final colour will depend on the original fabric colour and type. Colour mixing rules apply, e.g. red dye on blue fabric gives purple. Some articles may contain polyester stitching which will not dye.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE IN TOP LOADING MACHINES
- Set machine to longest wash cycle, warm water (40°C) and lowest water level to cover fabric - start cycle. Note: you can use cold water for the rinse cycle.
- When machine is full add dye and 1kg of salt. Allow to agitate for 1 min so dye and water is mixed, then add fabric and allow full cycle to finish.
- Now for the wash-off cycle: push clothes to one side, add washing detergent and run warm wash (40°C) cycle to remove excess dye and clean inside the machine. Do not pour washing detergent directly onto dyed clothes. Wipe washer lid & machine.
- Dry fabric away from direct sunlight and heat, do not tumble dry after dyeing.
- Clean machine cycle: if you wish to use bleach to clean the machine, add 1 cup of laundry bleach & detergent and run longest cycle with machine empty.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE IN FRONT LOADING MACHINES
- Add dye directly to drum inside machine; do not use the dispenser tray. Cover dye powder with 500 grams of salt & add fabric to be dyed.
- Run warm wash (40°C) delicates cycle.
- Now for the wash-off cycle: leave clothes in the machine and run warm wash (40°C) cycle with detergent to remove excess dye.
- Dry fabric away from direct sunlight & heat, do not tumble dry after dyeing.
- Clean machine cycle: add detergent & run warm wash (40°C) cycle with machine empty.
ALSO AVAILABLE IN NAVY BLUE, DARK BROWN, INTENSE VIOLET, TULIP RED and DARK GREEN